South-American theater

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

[BR][raptor]

South-American theater

Post by [BR][raptor] » 2009-01-23 04:11:23

Hi all, Snakeman

First post of mine, would like to first express my gratitude for the immense amount of work done so far in all the theaters here available, and also the Wiki, which has been invaluable.

I would like to announce that I'm starting up a project of a South-American theater, encompassing the "South-Cone" region of south of Brazil, north of Argentine, Paraguay, Uruguay and perhaps Chile.

I would rather not get involved in the big "2009 Theaters" project as I'm learning theater-making now, and don't want to be a dead-weight :) Also because the theater I'm envisioning falls off the zone of interest of the majority of people here (at least I'm assuming it).

However keeping in line with PMC tradition, I'd like it to be structured in the standard fashion, and support as much installs as I could test - meaning primarily OF, but also AF and FF (and in the future, RV).

So I'm going on my own now with the Wiki help, and progressing nicely - the documentation really makes a difference. But I'm open to any advice you guys see useful now in the beginning stages, that only experience gives. And hopefully I could ask a question here and there, may I?

BTW, I'm thinking about a 128 segment theater.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: South-American theater

Post by ccc » 2009-01-23 04:43:52

welcome. SM should be happy to help you :mrgreen:

BTW.. just FYI theaters covering south america - we've pre-alpha files for Falkalnd, and Peru.

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-23 04:56:38

[BR][raptor] wrote:Hi all, Snakeman

First post of mine, would like to first express my gratitude for the immense amount of work done so far in all the theaters here available, and also the Wiki, which has been invaluable.

I would like to announce that I'm starting up a project of a South-American theater, encompassing the "South-Cone" region of south of Brazil, north of Argentine, Paraguay, Uruguay and perhaps Chile.

I would rather not get involved in the big "2009 Theaters" project as I'm learning theater-making now, and don't want to be a dead-weight :) Also because the theater I'm envisioning falls off the zone of interest of the majority of people here (at least I'm assuming it).

However keeping in line with PMC tradition, I'd like it to be structured in the standard fashion, and support as much installs as I could test - meaning primarily OF, but also AF and FF (and in the future, RV).

So I'm going on my own now with the Wiki help, and progressing nicely - the documentation really makes a difference. But I'm open to any advice you guys see useful now in the beginning stages, that only experience gives. And hopefully I could ask a question here and there, may I?

BTW, I'm thinking about a 128 segment theater.
I hope you are not working alone because making a theater all by yourself is quite the daunting task.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-01-23 08:41:51

[BR][raptor] wrote:would like to first express my gratitude for the immense amount of work done so far in all the theaters here available, and also the Wiki, which has been invaluable.
I'm very happy that you find the wiki useful, if you have any questions what the wiki wont cover, just post them here on the forums and we'll address them the best we can.
That is very nice. Don't be afraid/shamed that you wont help us and start your own theater, we (at least I am) very happy to help you out and at the same time add and fine tune the data in our wiki. No problems at all.
Sure. The first step you should do is to create the theater in the Theater\<THEATERNAME> directory structure, then you are off to a good start :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

[BR][raptor]

Post by [BR][raptor] » 2009-02-09 02:43:20

From what I've read here, non-square sizes are possible, although not extensively confirmed (saw only 1 thread about this).

So, it would be technically possible to create a theater sized like this? (i know the DEM is a bit off :))

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2009-02-09 02:56:27

AFAIK you can not make a 148 x 128 theater! only square 128x128 works.

btw.. that's huge coverage..last time i flying such large south-america terrain is [Jet Fighter III] :mrgreen:

Return to “Terrain / Theater”