creating a theater specific object database

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

creating a theater specific object database

Post by toonces » 2008-10-12 03:31:46

Hi all.

I've been playing around with Derstef's modded Taiwan theater. In that theater, he directs how to copy the objects folder from Korea into the Taiwan theater folder so that his Taiwan specific skins are only installed in the Taiwan theater.

I'm interested in doing this in my Nevada install. Is it possible to create a specific objects folder within the Nevada folder in order to install skins directly into my Nevada theater without overwriting my 'main' Red Viper install? I'm working on some Aggressor skins, and I only want them in my Nevada theater.

I was going to copy Derstef's directions, but I'm not sure if it would work since Nevada uses different tiles than the Taiwan/Korea theaters.

If anyone can provide specific directions on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Toonces

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-10-12 06:47:01

Go to the <RVROOT>\terrdata\ directory, copy paste objects\ dir into Theaters\Nevada\ directory. Then use text editor to open Theaters\Nevada\nevadaX.tdf file (there are several as you know) and replace the lines:

Code: Select all

objectdir terrdata\objects
3ddatadir terrdata\objects
with

Code: Select all

objectdir Theaters\Nevada\objects
3ddatadir Theaters\Nevada\objects
(Actually I think only the 3ddatadir might be enough... not sure). With this change you now can apply the skins into the database files in this new objects dir. Let me know if there is any problems.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2008-10-13 04:29:16

Perfect! Thanks Snakeman!

Return to “Terrain / Theater”