What scf file(s) control campaign setup/start UI screen?

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

What scf file(s) control campaign setup/start UI screen?

Post by Sherlock » 2007-03-08 15:25:47

Just wondering if anybody knows which SCF UI file(s) control the campaign start screen. This is the screen I mean:

I am interested specifically in the displayed map area on this UI screen and any file that controls display of the airbases!

Thanks!
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2007-03-08 20:04:40

For old F4, I *think* the airbase locations are taken straight from the tac_new or cam# info.

As for the map area, I think its the cs_map in the art1024\campaign\select.

Usual caveats about oF4 v. AF apply. ;) :)
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-03-08 20:16:50

T_Rex wrote:For old F4, I *think* the airbase locations are taken straight from the tac_new or cam# info.

As for the map area, I think its the cs_map in the art1024\campaign\select.

Usual caveats about oF4 v. AF apply. ;) :)
Thx T!
Do you have any idea what "controls" the placement of the airbase symbols on the map, i.e., their x, y placement? Is there a file that controls their location?
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2007-03-08 20:42:28

Really don't know.

I *suspect* that it is extrapolated from the campaign db and the campaign startup files, so that any airbase that has flyable a/c gets shown on the map. But, in terms of scaling and all that, I have no idea. :)
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

ranger822
Banned user

airbase symbology

Post by ranger822 » 2007-03-08 21:23:38

The airbase symbols are really icons which come from the Art/Resource folder. I am guessing but I think the airbase icons shown on the UI map are probably using the airbase coordinates? The UI links other things like the aircraft icons the same way. I have never tried to move an airbase so I can't say for sure if just changing those coordinates will do the trick. But, I bet it will.

I am not aware of any map coordinates needed to place the airbase icon on the UI Map. The icons stored in the idx/rsc file set contains data on the size of the graphic image and then how to center the symbol . . . when you pack up the set you need to include those data points. When I reworked our icons set I didn't see any map coordinates associated with the icon. The only coordinates are width, height of the graphic image, and coordinates to center the X and Y values to properly position the icon. I think the entire art/resource files are handled in nearly the same way.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-08 21:35:17

Selectable squadrons come from the selected .cam file, there is no other file to be configured.
Important PMC Tactical Web Hosting Update, PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General

Re: airbase symbology

Post by Sherlock » 2007-03-08 21:36:49

ranger822 wrote:The airbase symbols are really icons which come from the Art/Resource folder. I am guessing but I think the airbase icons shown on the UI map are probably using the airbase coordinates? The UI links other things like the aircraft icons the same way. I have never tried to move an airbase so I can't say for sure if just changing those coordinates will do the trick. But, I bet it will.

I am not aware of any map coordinates needed to place the airbase icon on the UI Map. The icons stored in the idx/rsc file set contains data on the size of the graphic image and then how to center the symbol . . . when you pack up the set you need to include those data points. When I reworked our icons set I didn't see any map coordinates associated with the icon. The only coordinates are width, height of the graphic image, and coordinates to center the X and Y values to properly position the icon. I think the entire art/resource files are handled in nearly the same way.
Thanks ranger,
The problem I am trying to solve is why (in AF) a 64x64 theater shows the airbases in a large picture while in a 128x128 it makes the area (i.e., picture) smaller for where the airbase icons are placed.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2007-03-09 04:06:18

Check the rsc files for the size of your tga you loaded? Maybe make that bigger? Or figure out the size of the map window and search for that string within the campaign scf files.

To figure which scf went with what, sometimes I would also figure out the top left corner, and look in the scfs for that location.

Yes. It is a serious pain in the ass. :)
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

ranger822
Banned user

UI

Post by ranger822 » 2007-03-09 19:57:51

I concur with Tom - - there is a mismatch with the map (a UI graphic) and the airbase icon (a UI graphic). First you need to right size map -- if you get that in place you can then see where the airbases are positioned. If they are not right then there may be a scf that governs placement relative to the U/L corner or some such business.

I seem to recall with Falklands 128 - with the correct map in place the airbases showed up just fine.

Return to “Terrain / Theater”