editing and creating new campaigns with new theatres & p

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

batbird

editing and creating new campaigns with new theatres & p

Post by batbird » 2001-01-16 15:42:00

Hello

I am now fascinated by these theatre projects and would like to start editing.

One of my main interests are creating the actual dynamic campaign and not really creating new theatres.

What I was wondering is would anyone mind me creating dynamic campaigns with their new theatres??

Obviously if I ever decided to release the campaigns I would give credit to the theatre creaters.

The decision to release the campaign would be after extensive testing by myself.

Would anyone mind or would it affect copyright??

Also another question - when you edit the campaign, is their anyway of getting F4 to identify the campaign in the main campaign screen??

Also does F4 only allow 3 campaigns or is their no limit??

I look forward to your replies.
crazy batbirds unite.

Schumi
LeadPursuit

Re: editing and creating new campaigns with new theatres & p

Post by Schumi » 2001-01-16 16:56:00

quote:Originally posted by batbird:
Hello

I am now fascinated by these theatre projects and would like to start editing.

One of my main interests are creating the actual dynamic campaign and not really creating new theatres.

What I was wondering is would anyone mind me creating dynamic campaigns with their new theatres??

Obviously if I ever decided to release the campaigns I would give credit to the theatre creaters.

The decision to release the campaign would be after extensive testing by myself.

Would anyone mind or would it affect copyright??

Also another question - when you edit the campaign, is their anyway of getting F4 to identify the campaign in the main campaign screen??

Also does F4 only allow 3 campaigns or is their no limit??

I look forward to your replies.
Well, I think it would be an act of good behaviour to ask the people who have created the theater you want to create a campaign for before you start - may prevent you from flamings. No one can stop you though, but I think it would be better.

About the campaign name - I changed the "Korea" string from the dropdown list of the campaign to "Balkans" with Beta 6 if you haven't seen yet. Furthermore - if the korean theater is applied, all campaign files are present in their theater specific subdirectory (campaign\save is korea, campaign\balkan is balkans, campaign\vietnam will be vietnam and so on...).

You can only provide three campaigns at the same time, but you may provide as many campaign sets of three as you want and may switch them with F4Patch. But that would require another plugin which assures that these files go into the correct subdirectories, or it would be a mess.
the file [theater].wch in campaign\save folder identifies the present theater.

Later,
Manfred "Schumi" Nelles
F4 Terrain Team Co-Producer
Manfred "Schumi" Nelles

Return to “Terrain / Theater”